Saturday, May 19, 2007

More comic book advertisements

An earlier post looked at some comic book ads from when I was a kid. Several comments mentioned some other memorable ads and I've included some of those below...


I couldn't find the Charles Atlas ad with the kid getting sand kicked on him, but this one was close... What little kid didn't want gigantic muscles? And these guys are "small" by today's body building standards.


And then you have the famous X-Ray glasses for only $1.25. What a deal!



We also see some ads related to buying stamps and foreign currencies that were also mentioned in another comment. (click on the images to enlarge to read)

And then finally we we see below the ads that were designed to allow kids to take jobs to sell stuff to win rewards that let them buy toys. I remember thinking winning the remote controlled race cars and airplanes would be cool, but it seems I was generally more into the "winning" side of things than the part where you have to "sell" stuff to get there... (All seriousness aside, all kids should have to sell stuff. I wish they'd knock on my door everyday to sell me something! NOT!)

No comments: