Friday, May 4, 2007

Lazy thought of the day

I've been known to mow the grass (and weeds) in my yard occassionally. Sometimes weedeat too. And while I'm mowing my thoughts have been known to take up pressing societal needs. To that end, I propose immediate and massive research to develope a type of grass that grows to be about 4 inches tall. And then stops.

I'm talking a Manhatten project for fescue with the end goal being a "no mow lawn."

Sure, we could spend that money pursuing a moon base - that certainly sounds like a nice and worthy goal - but will it really make us as happy as coming home to a perfect low-maintenance lawn each day?

Certainly if we can figure out how to grow a 286 pound watermelon,... if french fries can come covered in cheese, chili, and bacon... and if I can get 6000 miles per oil change... then I don't see why I can't have a lawn that will behave itself without constant intervention.

At least until I can buy me a robot to mow the lawn for me.

3 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

If you could figure this out, you'd make a mint.

Anonymous said...

Your laziness knows no bounds!

Anonymous said...

I think you're off to a great start! I am wondering though if you might want to look into this as an addition to your "lazy day"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ysomqy86U and if you don't drink beer...I'm sure a soda would work just as well! I love your blog, keep it up! Many Blessings, Steph