Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Favorite painters on ebay

Last year I went through a stage of looking extensively through paintings on ebay and happened upon artist Zora Kader. While there are many painters on ebay that I like, Zora is probably my favorite.

I'm cheap, so most of the auctions of Zora's paintings end up a tad out of my price range (I have bid on several but the really good stuff tends to get quickly bid up), but if you're looking for some original art and like this style I encourage you to check out the auctions on ebay. Here's an image of one of my favorite Zora Kader paintings - "The Sound of Music" - to whet your appetite.



The style of the paintings evolves a little bit over time. Currently the paintings use less of the really bright colors like the sample above in favor of more primary colors, but the themes of mother and child, musicians, horse riding, and angels seem to be consistent.

6 comments:

SuperRageGirl said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=140330142587

The Inner Eyeball said...

I love her work. I bought one of her paintings a couple. She's talented.

claudine said...

I too love her paintings. I bought one about 5 years ago off ebay and have not been able to find anymore since. Has she stopped selling them ? I can't find any of her paintings anywhere on the internet for sale.

Redeye Malone said...

Followup: It is currently very difficult to find anything by Zora Kader, however Sarah Kinan paints similar art that is for sale on ebay. I sometimes wonder if they're even the same person or not just using different names. I can't find much info.

Redeye Malone said...

BTW, I see one posted on ebay listed as Z.Kinan as artist, and also purchased one listed under Sam Richards that came w/ COA of Sarah Kinan from same store. Again, I have no idea if they might be same artist or jointly work on things, but the styles are very similar. Here's the ebay store link. http://myworld.ebay.com/zk-art/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Anonymous said...

I bought a painting in 2008 from Sarah Kinan's Ebay store. She has since stopped selling on ebay. can't find a thing anywhere on the internet.

I forked out 250$ for a gorgeous abstract oil painting called 'the time traveler'! (tree on 5 different pieces with an inch spacing between all 5 pieces)

Couldn't be happier! Just a shame I can't find anything else by her