Friday, March 30, 2007

An ocean of cell phones

The wife took me to an Evanescence concert the other night - the first that I'd been to in quite a while.

Back in the 80s at my first big concert (Bon Jovi) the entire arena held up lighters during the ballad "I'll be there for you". I remember it as an ocean of tiny flames - a very cool visual.



Well, if the recent concert is any indication the new lighter is the cell phone. In addition to looking cool it also takes pictures of the concert and I think I saw a few folks trying to record audio with the phone as well. Picture a stadium full of people all holding up their cell phones with he little white glowing displays.

Now, since this was a goth-ish sort of concert, I felt like a little heavier iron was appropriate - should've at minimum been holding something like this up.

2 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Somehow I don't think that would have made it through the pat-down outside. :)

Alipurr said...

very funny!!!!
you are such a good husband!!!