Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Am I a tight wad?

Alright, so I've been trying to wait for a profound post to bubble forth for my first blog post. Well, turns out I just don't have much profundity percolating, so this will have to do.

At work today the department went out to lunch to celebrate birthdays. We never did this kind of stuff in my previous departments, but I work in a department with a lot of girls now and ... well - girls like to celebrate a lot more stuff than guys. Anyhow, as a sign of my tight-wadedness I find myself wondering why we're having lunch clean on the other side of town. I mean, my pickup only gets like 14 miles per gallon so I figure I'm burning $5 to $6 of gas just to get to where I'm going to eat. That's almost as much as I'd normally spend on lunch.

That's when I wonder if I'm messed up for thinking this way. I admit I love to save money, but sometimes I wonder if I'm out of sync by even thinking in these terms.

Lunch was good. Had a big bowl of spaghetti with Italian sausage. Ate way too much and as a result of the excess wasn't worth a dime at work the remainder of the day.

By the way, I chop my spaghetti with a knife instead of twisting it around a spoon. That's probably way uncool on the sheik scale, but the spaghetti twirling has to stop.

Button Fuzz out.

1 comment:

Trish Milburn said...

Hee hee. I think you mean "chic", not "sheik". :)