Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Adding to Garmin

I missed the news yesterday, but Garmin dropped over 15% over the past 2 days due to Nokia purchasing digital mapmaker Navteq. Navteq supplies the digital maps for Garmin.

I put in a small order to add to my Garmin position following the drop. Here's an article from Seeking Alpha that aligns with my thinking. It's normally good to hold off on sharp declines, but I think this drop is based on a combination of panic selling, and alot of folks riding large profits willing to sell a big gainer easy.

Here's hoping panic is what's going on.

Also, Immucor BLUD announces earning tomorrow and I'm going to put in a limit order sell half prior to earnings. I haven't had this one long, but it's approaching fair value and I just want to take a bit off the table. It's had a good run and stocks with good momentum like this tend to keep running so I don't want to sell all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good nice

thanks

mahesh
(www.thinkingstreet.com)