Monday, July 2, 2007

Stock Holdings - July

It's been a while since I posted stock holdings, so here goes:

My stock holdings from largest to small-
CRDN - Ceradyne - ceramic armor (body armor)
CTSH - Cognizant Tech - information tech (India)
GRMN - Garmin - GPS systems
HANS - Hansen Natural - Energy Drinks
LIFC - Lifecell - tissue generation for reconstructive surgery (like skin for burn victims)
INFY - Infosys - information tech (India)
NGPS - Novatel - GPS system components
NTES - Netease - online video games (China)
PMTI - Palomar Medical Tech - cosmetic surgery lasers
TRAD - Tradestation - online brokerage and trading platform
CKFR - Checkfree - online billpay provider

the last 5 are really pretty small positions. I'm disappointed in the performance of recent purchases of PMTI and TRAD and am considering breaking my rule of not adding to a stock that's down, but I like both of these valuations right now.

Google's been doing well since I missed on my limit order a while back. I probably shouldn't have been so stingy on it as it seems on the move currently.

In the live and learn category: I sold half of my position in Garmin on 12-4-06 at 50.47. Garmin is at 76.05 today, up over 50%. Sometimes I should just keep riding a winning horse. I sold with expectation of buying back at lower prices, but sometimes the market doesn't give you that chance.

No comments: