Monday, July 30, 2007

Firestone

I'm curious. Have you ever dropped your vehicle off at a Firestone Service Center and not had them recommend significant additional work?

Last year when I purchased new tires they recommended over $1000 of additional work on axles/struts/or something.

Today I wanted an oil change and tire rotation. They recommended additionally I replace the serpentine belt.

I don't trust them farther than I can throw them, but is this standard operating procedure?

I have some local guys at a gas station that normally work on my vehicle (excellent work) who tell me for the most part "if it ain't broke don't fix it." Even though they're not a tire place I'm wishing I would've just purchased my new tires from them so I don't have to deal with all the up-sell every time I take advantage of the free tire rotations from Firestone. Advice is useless if I can't trust the folks giving it.

No comments: