Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Lotsa buying/selling today

I took the day off of work today and made quite a few changes in my portfolio, taking the chance to trim some poorly performing stocks. I find it's good to clean the decks sometimes after major market pullbacks as there's usually stuff out there I want to buy, and that's what I've tried to do.

I reduced further my position in CRDN Ceradyne. It's been very profitable, but time to lessen exposure here given the poor performance since the conference call.

I eliminated my final small position in PMTI Palomar - a big looser for me.

I sold my position in NGPS Novatel. I made good money on this one over the past couple of years, but it's been trending poorly, and sales growth has been anemic recently when GPS components should be performing better.

I added to my position in Vasco Data Security (VDSI).

I tried to purchase more Cognizant CTSH, but the order did not fill.

No comments: