Monday, August 27, 2007

Fantasy Football Roster 2007

We had our fantasy football draft today after work.

Here's the first 12 players in my work league for 2007. It's a 14 team league starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 Defense. I picked 4th in a serpentine draft order.

Rd pick player
1 4 Shaun Alexander RB, Seattle
2 25 Brandon Jacobs RB, NY Giants
3 32 Torry Holt WR, St. Louis
4 53 Plaxico Burress WR, NY Giants
5 60 Javon Walker WR, Denver
6 81 Adrian Peterson RB, Minnesota
7 88 Ben Roethlisberger QB, Pittsburg
8 109 Tatum Bell RB, Detroit
9 116 Bernard Berrian WR, Chicago
10 137 Alge Crumpler TE, Atlanta
11 144 Rex Grossman QB, Chicago
12 165 Arizona Team Defense

We have a salary cap league and I have enough left under the cap to pick up a kicker and perhaps a backup Defense and hopefully a backup TE. I'll do that once we open free agency in a few days.

I'm pretty happy with everything I have right now, except I'm slightly concerned at the RB position. I may have stretched a bit to take Brandon Jacobs in the late second round and might should've taken Chad Johnson or Reggie Wayne who were both still on the board and hoped that Jacobs would still be there in the 3rd round, but I didn't want to risk it because almost all of the decent calibur starting RB were getting snatched up at that point.

For my #3 RB I picked upside potential with Adrian Peterson in the 6th round rather than taking a player like Jamal Lewis or Lamont Jordan. Hopefully my RB picks don't come back to bite me.

I feel very good about my WR - I feel like I got 3 #1 WR somehow (I'm not sure why Javon Walker stayed on the board until the 5th round but I couldn't pass on him).

Was also very pleased to be able to pick up Alge Crumpler in the 10th round. Everyone seemed afraid to take him because of all the issues with Atlanta this year, but he's a top 10 TE.

No comments: