Friday, June 1, 2007

Flying into Chicago

As I was flying into Chicago Wednesday morning the pilot took us out over lake Michigan and looped the city prior to going in to land at O'Hare airport. I was in a window seat on the side of the plane nearest to the city as we banked and did a big long turn.

I've always liked how things look when you're up in a plane, but I really enjoyed the circling the city. I wish I had a camara with me. I found this photo on the web though that is similar to the view, although I think we were at a tad lower altitude as we circled. The view reminded me of the video game Sim City too.

Also on the way up I noticed that most of Illinois is "brown" right now. It's all farmland and though the crops have been planted in the fields, there's not enough green sprouting up yet to stop me from just seeing the dirt.

No comments: