Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Somebody flush, the toilet's on fire!

One more thing to worry about: In case you haven't heard, there is a massive toilet recall underway in Japan. Apparently some high end toilets have been catching on fire.

The manufacturer of the toilet is named Toto, bringing disgrace to Dorothy's dog. Ironically in naming the company the founder was inspired by the 1980s grammy award winning band Toto. OK, so I made some of that up, but seriously, the band's music is smoking hot - just like a flaming toilet.

I'm going to go into the back and dig out my Toto cassette tape from around 1983. Songs like "Africa", "Roseanna", and "Love isn't always on time" were some of my favorites when I was about 13 years old. I got their cassette after joining the Columbia music club (remember the little stickers in TV Guide?). Some of the tunes play from the bands's website - good stuff.

In closing, be sure to follow all safety preceedures in the John. Until the danger has passed wear your safety goggles and keep the extinguisher at the ready. And please turn on the vent fan or open a window as we don't want an unfortunate explosion to result from methane accumulation.