Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cheap Trick - I want you to want me

Cheap Trick's rock classic "I want you to want me" is one of the first real modern "rock" songs I remember when growing up. I grew up listening to mostly oldies and country so it was an ear-opener when I heard this song.

I can't remember the year, but my mom had one of those chart-topper cassette tapes they used to make (my guess is it had a disco song she was using for a dance class at school) and probably after listening to cassettes of the Statler Brothers, Beatles, Elvis, or the other stuff I had cassettes for, I probably put that cassette in to see what it was. I remember it had Foreigner's "Blue Monday" too which I thought had a cool sound, but this song took the prize. I still consider Cheap Trick's "I want you to want me" one of the all time rock classics. It holds up so well over time.

No comments: