Saturday, December 6, 2008

op-ed by Willaim Ayers

I found this interesting. The "Bill Ayers" from the political campaign - violent Vietnam war protester on relationship with Obama from the New York Times. It's the first comment I've seen from him.

From the op-ed:

There is a long and sad history of guilt by association in our political culture, and at crucial times we’ve been unable to rise above it.

President-elect Obama and I sat on a board together; we lived in the same diverse and yet close-knit community; we sometimes passed in the bookstore. We didn’t pal around, and I had nothing to do with his positions. I knew him as well as thousands of others did, and like millions of others, I wish I knew him better.


For reference if interested: Here's Obama's website's statement on Ayers along with lots of press sources cited.

No comments: